What if I told you this dish is pescatarian, dairy free and gluten free? What if I also told you this pasta is made completely out of chickpeas?!
Don’t be fooled though... this dish so balanced and full of flavor, you aren’t missing out on anything! This meal comes together in about 15 minutes making it perfect for a busy weeknight!
3 oz dried Banza pasta (I used cavatappi)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 12oz bag of frozen, raw shrimp- thawed and peeled
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Optional (Vegan Parmesan)
3/4 cup raw cashews
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Bring an 8 quart pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes. In the last 90 seconds of time, add in the broccoli. Strain, rinse and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, add vegan parm ingredients to a small food processor or blender and pulse until grated parmesean consistently. Set aside.
3. Rinse out pot and heat to medium-high heat and add olive oil and shrimp. Cook 1 minute on each side depending on size (maybe a little more time for larger shrimp). Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes and give the shrimp a good stir.
4. Add spinach, stir until just lightly wilted.
5. Turn off heat and add pasta and broccoli and stir in lemon juice and zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide between two bowls or plates and sprinkle on as much vegan parm as you wish!