This quiche is soooo satisfying especially because there are two types of cheese!!!
Serve with along side a spinach salad with a bright lemony vinaigrette and call it breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
2 medium red potatoes, spiralized or sliced thin
4 oz baby bellas or white mushrooms, sliced
8-10 spears of thin asparagus, chopped into bite sized pieces
1/3 cup water
1 oz shredded aged cheddar (heaping 1/3 cup)
1 oz shredded parmesan (heaping 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and in a 9 inch pie dish, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
2. Arrange potatoes in pan to form a crust And bake for 25 minutes.
3. While Potato Crust bakes, whisk eggs and water and set aside.
4. Sauté baby bellas in a non stick pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper until tender. Remove from heat.
5. When the Potato Crust is removed from the oven, pour half of egg mixture in, add mushrooms and asparagus and half of the cheese. Pour remaining egg mixture on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Add remaining cheese and switch oven to broil, and cook for 5 more minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, cut into 6 servings and ENJOY!