The weather broke 35 last week and the sun was out!! That only meant one thing... fire up the grill :)
This recipe is fresh and has a nice citrus sauce to tie to all together! I hope you enjoy!
4, 5-6 oz salmon filets
1-2 tsp avocado oil
2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 cup frozen edamame, shelled
1 cup frozen green peas
4 cups baby spinach
8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup lime ponzu sauce (or tamari/soy sauce and 1/2 lime, juiced)
2 small oranges, juiced
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat
2. Rub the salmon filets with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a large non-stick frying pan, add mushrooms and a splash of water. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While the mushrooms cooking, place the salmon on the grill (skin side up) and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside to rest.
5. In the frying pan, remove the lid and add edamame, peas, stirring for 2-3 minutes until veggies are cooked through.
6. Add the quinoa, spinach, ponzu sauce and orange juice. Stir until combined well and remove from heat.
7. Divide the quinoa mixture between 4 bowls or plates when the spinach is just slightly wilted and top with grilled salmon.