This meal couldn’t be easier to prep, make and clean up. If you don’t have a grill, you can use a cast iron or non stick pan to cook the tuna!
3-4 Ahi Tuna Steaks, ~4 oz each
1 medium avocado, ripe
kosher salt- pinch or two
Lime ponzu- keep out, you will need for both tuna and veggies (or low sodium soy sauce)
Srircha- keep out, you will need for both tuna and veggies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
2-3 cups fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
2-3 cups fresh broccoli, cut into florets
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 tbsp soy
1 tbsp sriracha (adjust down if you don’t like spice)
1-2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 450 and grill to 400 and prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment.
2. In a shallow pie dish, pour enough ponzu or soy to just cover the bottom. Add your desired amount of srircha (maybe start with 1-3 tsp), garlic powder and sesame oil. Whisk and place tuna in to marinade (10 min on each side at room temp).
3. Combine avocado or olive oil, sweet chili, soy and srircha in a bowl, toss with broccoli and cauliflower, pour/spread out on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Switch to broil and bake for 5 more or desired crispineas.
4. In a small food processor, combine avocado, lime juice, 1 tbsp water and season with salt. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a tbsp or more at a time of water to adjust the desired thickness. Set aside or pour into one corner of a small sandwich baggie.
5. Spray/grease grilled with a high temp oil like avocado or canola and grill tuna for 2-3 minutes on each side. I cooked 2 on each side and that was a nice medium rare.
6. Plate rice, sprinkle with smoked salt and sesame seeds and drizzle with srircha. Add veggies. Add tuna and drizzle with mousse (make a small cut in the corner of sandwich baggie to do this).