I got a couple of boxes of chick pea pasta sent to me from Banza so I knew I had to make something awesome with the wheel shaped pasta. See below for a quick pasta salad with a vibrant greek vinaigrette!
1 box of Banza pasta, wheel shapes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for garnish
dill (fresh or dried), if desired
8-10 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
2-3 tbsp pepperoncini slices, chopped
15 kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
1 mini cucumber, chopped
1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
1. Cook pasta per instructions on box, for “al dente”- I cooked 7 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, whisk olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, feta, pinch of salt and 15-20 turns of fresh cracked black pepper.
3. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. While pasta drains and cools, clean and cut the veggies.
5. Add pasta and veggies to bowl, mix gently.
6. Garnish with additional feta and pepper and top wthem dill, if desired.