The best thing about this salad - it’s totally customizable and can be a nice switch up for #tacotuesday.
I used the Instant Pot to make the ground beef/bean/corn mixture, but this can easily be done in a deep pan on the stove until the meat is browned and cooked through/combined with the other ingredients.
1 lb lean ground beef
2 fresh jalapenos, chopped (your choice on seeds and ribs to control spice level)
2/3 cup corn (I used frozen)
1 14 oz can black beans, low or no sodium, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
4-6 cups chopped romaine
2 oz of your favorite tortilla chips, crushed/crumbled (I used Beanfields Jalapeno Nacho flavor)
2-3 oz shredded cheddar (I used extra sharp)
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa (I used Whole Foods salsa verde)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)
Hot Sauce (I used Jalapeno Tabasco)
1 large avocado, sliced thin
1 small tomato, chopped and/or 1/2 medium red bell pepper chopped
1. In the Instant Pot (on the saute setting), add the ground beef, jalapenos and spices and stir to break up. Add the tomato paste, stir until combined and add the corn and black beans.
2. Add the lid, seal the pressure valve and set to pressure cook for 5 minutes.
3. While the meat is pressure cooking, divide the romaine into 4 bowls.
4. Mix the salsa with the Greek yogurt and a few dashes of hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
5. When the Instant Pot is done, let it naturally release for 5 minutes and then very carefully release the valve. Let cool for 5 minutes with the lid removed and then divide among the 4 salad bowls.
6. Top with crushed tortilla chips, cheese, 1/4 avocado each, tomato and/or pepper and drizzle with 4 tbsp each of the salsa yogurt dressing.