Proudly created with Wix.com

About me

Hi! I'm Steph. 

I've been into cooking for as long as I can remember. I initially only baked, but once I started to live in an apartment with roommates in college, I quickly became the house "chef".

 

My interest in cooking evolved when I graduated and actually was living on my own, cooking for one. How could I affordably cook for myself without sacrificing flavor and most importantly, make a healthy meal? I really learned a lot about food those first few years on my own, because I was also on a weight loss journey. 

Fast forward to today, I work full time, I'm a wife, I travel a lot, I live in Chicago and meal prep most weeks and cook dinner at home most nights. I'm exposed to so many amazing food options here so I try to find that balance of indulging out but also bringing some of those flavors into my kitchen.

 

My husband is also very Italian, so a lot of our holiday meals involve some sort of pasta and sauce combination, so I've learned the family sauce recipe as well as learned how to make homemade pasta and ravioli on my own.

 

Here is the balance in my life... cook and eat healthy about 80% of the time so I can enjoy, guilt free the other 20% to enjoy food while traveling and on the holidays. 

Welcome to my kitchen!